Australian Passport Overseas Application
You have chosen an Australian Passport Overseas Application Form
Please read the Notes using Adobe Acrobat reader before commencing your application.
You should pay particular attention to the requirement to SIGN the declaration in black pen WITHIN THE SIGNATURE BOX.
This form has compulsory sections (steps 1, 6, 7 and 9) which must be completed before you can view, print or save your form. You can move to the next non-compulsory step by clicking on the 'Next' button at the bottom of each page.
A person lodging a child's application must also provide proof of their own identity.
Use this form if:
- you are an Australian citizen who is applying for an Australian passport outside Australia.
Do NOT use this form if:
- you are applying for your Australian passport whilst in Australia, or
- you are renewing your adult Australian passport — if you are eligible, you can renew your current passport more quickly using a Renewal form.
You will need to print your completed form single-sided on international standard A4 paper.
More information on printing requirements is available.
To download forms in Portable Document Format (PDF) you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader which may be downloaded free using the following link:
Adobe Acrobat Reader
The Australian Passport Office can refuse to process an application for an Australian passport if there are reasonable grounds to suspect dishonesty or fraud in the application. Examples include:
It is a criminal offence under the Australian Passports Act 2005 to make false or misleading statements in relation to an Australian travel document. There are penalties of up to 10 years imprisonment or a fine of 1000 penalty points, or both.
- forging the signature of a person with parental responsibility for a child, whether or not that person consents to the issue of a passport to the child, and
- failing to identify all persons with parental responsibility for a child.
It is also an offence to fail to report a lost/stolen passport or other Australian travel document immediately the loss is realised. There are penalties of up to one year imprisonment or a fine of 20 penalty points, or both.
By clicking on Accept, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the above information.